Parenting for Attachment
- Attached at the Heart: Eight Proven Parenting Principles for Raising Connected and Compassionate Children byBarbara Nicholson and Lysa Parker
- The Attachment Parenting Book by William Sears M.D.
- The Continuum Concept by Jean Liedloff
- Our Babies, Ourselves by Meredith Small
- Unconditional Parenting by Alfie Kohn, Ph.D.
Pregnancy and Childbirth
- The Pregnancy Book by William Sears M.D.
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
Baby and Toddler Care
- The Baby Book by William Sears M.D.
- The Vital Touch: How Intimate Contact with Your Baby Leads to Happier, Healthier Development by Sharon Heller, Ph.D.
- The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp, M.D.
- The Happiest Toddler on the Block by Harvey Karp, M.D.
- Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers by Nancy Mohrbacher and Kathleen Kendall-Tackett
- The Family Nutrition Book by William Sears M.D.
- Take the Fight Out of Food by Donna Fish, M.S., L.C.S.W.
- Good Nights: The Happy Parents’ Guide to the Family Bed (and a Peaceful Night’s Sleep!) by Jay Gordon M.D. and Maria Goodavage
- Three in a Bed: The Benefits of Sharing Your Bed with Your Baby by Deborah Jackson
- The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth PantleySleeping with Your Baby: A Parent’s Guide to Cosleeping by James McKenna, Ph.D.
- The Successful Child by William Sears M.D.
- The Discipline Book by William Sears M.D.
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Becoming the Parent You Want to Be by Laura Davis and Janis Keyser
- Raising Self-Reliant Children in a Self-Indulgent World by H. Stephen Glenn, Ph.D.
- Parent Effectiveness Training by Dr. Thomas Gordon
- Helping Young Children Flourish by Aletha Solter, Ph.D.
Temperament and Development
- Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- Kids, Parents and Power Struggles by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- The Whole Brain Child by Daniel Siegel, M.D. and Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.
- Giving the Love that Heals: A Guide for Parents by Dr. Harville Hendrix and Helen Hunt, M.A.
- Rest Play Grow: Making Sense of Preschoolers (Or Anyone Who Acts Like One) by Deborah MacNamera
Family Life with Older Children
- The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule
- Playful Parenting by Lawrence Cohen, Ph.D.
- Last Child in the Woods by Richard LouvFree Range Kids by Lenore Skenazy
Tweens and Teens
- Hold on to Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More than Peers by Gordon Neufeld and Gabor Maté
- Uncommon Sense for Parents with Teenagers by Michael RieraBrainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain by Daniel Siegel
Mothers, Fathers and Other Caregivers
- The Truth Behind The Mommy Wars: Who Decides What Makes a Good Mother? by Miriam Peskowitz
- The Two-Income Trap: Why Middle Class Parents are Going Broke by Elizabeth Warren and Amelia Warren Tyagi
- Staying Home: From Full-Time Professional to Full-Time Parent by Darcie Sanders and Martha M Bullen
- The Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal: How to Reclaim, Rejuvenate and Re-Balance Your Life by Renee Peterson Trudeau
- Mothering and Fathering: The Gender Differences in Child Rearing by Tine Thevenin
- Pregnant: A Field Guide to Fathering by Gary Kleiman
- Homedaddy: Little White Lies and Other Tales from the Crib by Todd Pinsky
- The Art of Roughhousing: Good Old-Fashioned Horseplay and Why Every Kid Needs It by Anthony T. DeBenedet, M.D. and Lawrence Cohen, Ph.D.
- The Essential Grandparent: A Guide to Making a Difference by Dr. Lillian Carson